About Me

My photo
North Hollywood, California, United States
I am a fun, sometimes boring person. I am an outgoing, shy kind of girl. I'm pretty easy going when I am not being uptight. All in all, I am a walking, talking, contradiction.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

The joy of working two jobs...

So for the past month I have been working two jobs. My schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 to 4:30 at my first job, and then race over to my second job which starts at 5:00 and goes until whevener the sales guys all decide to go home which can be anywhere from 7:30 to 10:00. On Saturdays I work from 9:00 til about 4:00. Then on Sundays I go to church in the morning from 9:00 to 12:00. Needless to say, my free time during the week is pretty short. I am working both jobs out of necessity so I am not putting myself through this for extra shopping money (not to say that I don't reward myself occasionally).
The lack of sleep is something I've been used to for years because I was either going to seminary in the crazy hours of the morning, taking classes early, or working a job that required me to start at the usual 8:00 hour. My body has actually adapted to surviving off of 5.5 to 6 hours of sleep a night. I know I should go to bed earlier but at this point, I would just toss and turn until about midnight or later. Also, currently I am living with a roommate that I share a shower with. We both have jobs in the morning so in order to coordinate times to use shower, I opted to shower earlier than I normally would so that we could both get to work on time.
Lately however, the lack of sleep and the lack of free time has been getting to me. By getting to me, I mean, KILLING me. I am always irritable, emotional, forgetful, and beyond fatigued. I don't know how long I can keep this up and keep my sanity at the same time. Maybe I can start napping on my lunch break, or try running each night to help me fall asleep easier. Either way, I've got to figure out a way to work over 60 hours a week and still have a little bit of a life. Uuuggghhhhhhh.....


4 comments:

  1. Time to fall in love with an ambitious man, Lisa. Then you can have kids and return to sleeping 6 hours a night and *hopefully* get a shower in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha I guess there are just no breaks for girls like us ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world! So sorry that life is crazy right now. Hopefully you wont have to do this for too much longer =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha this coming from a mother of two small children...now I feel like a complainer!

    ReplyDelete