About Me

My photo
North Hollywood, California, United States
I am a fun, sometimes boring person. I am an outgoing, shy kind of girl. I'm pretty easy going when I am not being uptight. All in all, I am a walking, talking, contradiction.
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 20, 2011

A little something for Dad

Hero Dad
You are my hero, Dad
You're my secure foundation.
When I think of you, I'm filled with love
And fond appreciation.
You make me feel protected;
I'm sheltered by your care.
You're always my true friend; and Dad,
When I need you, you're always there.
You have a place of honor
Deep within my heart.
You've been my superhero, Dad,
Right from the very start.

By Joanna Fuchs

Every girl deserves a good father and I have one. I am so lucky to be able to say that my dad told me silly stories when I was little, taught me how to read, taught me how to ride a bicycle, and always let me know how much he loves me. He stayed up with me every school night to help me with my math homework, even after a long day at work. He's written countless talks for me for church, won 3rd place in the science fair for the project that he did all by himself while I slept, and tried countless times to get me interested in throwing a baseball back and forth. He's always been an example to me of hard work, following the commandments, and sacrificing so much for the ones you love. He is always quick to apologize when he's lost his cool, firm to say no when he feels he should, and never treats my mom as anything less than gold. I have so many good memories of long car rides listening to talk radio, animated dinner conversations that always ended up about topics that shouldn't be discussed around food, jumping on the trampoline and watching him fly off and land on the ground and laughing at him instead of asking him if he was okay, watching him eat grass to get my picky sister to eat her vegetables, teaching me how to drive a stick shift in an empty parking lot and stalling most of the time, and many times of him doing embarrassing things in public while I tried to pretend I didn't know him. He was always there to pick me up from school, give me advice when I was quarrelling with friends, and teach me lessons whenever an occasion called for it. He was there to tell me to change my outfit when going out, to ground me when I was being a disrespectful brat, and to turn off a show that was inappropriate to watch. I didn't always like him, but I know what a good father he is and how much her cares about me and my well being. I hope that someday my own children will have a dad just like him.

Thank you for all the ice cream and long talks at McDonald's. Happy Father's Day!

Love,

Daddy's Girl


No comments:

Post a Comment