About Me

My photo
North Hollywood, California, United States
I am a fun, sometimes boring person. I am an outgoing, shy kind of girl. I'm pretty easy going when I am not being uptight. All in all, I am a walking, talking, contradiction.
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

At last...a break!

So, for the past month or so we have been fairly understaffed at my second job. A couple of night girls quit and left only two girls (I being one of these girls) to work weekdays and Saturdays. This became an issue for two reasons.

First reason: Overtime is not allowed with no exceptions which means that if one of us night girls became sick or had an emergancy, we could not have one of the full time day girls cover for us.

The second reason: Since at least two people are needed to work a shift to make sure that calls are answered and compliances are done, it left only one option for Chelsea and me. Work EVERY Saturday.

Now I was the one that decided to take on a second job so I feel silly complaining about working six days a week and I am actually very grateful to be able have both of my jobs, BUT never being able to sleep in (I go to church Sunday mornings so no sleeping in there either) or have a full day to myself has worn on me pretty bad. Poor Dave has been taking the brunt of it by having to experience my extreme moods swings from stress and only being able to spend time together for a couple of hours a day during the week. He's been so sweet and supportive since I've started working all these hours.

For a while now, I've been feeling more and more stretched and wondered how much more I could take of experiencing summer time behind walls and windows and always feeling tired and fatigued. At last my prayers have been answered! A new girl has been hired. This means that this weekend, I will have my first Saturday off in SIX weeks!!! And not only do I have Saturday off, but since they need to train the new girl, I also get Friday night off. I don't think I need to say that I am pretty dang excited but I will. I am pretty dang excited. And since there is absolutely no way that I am letting a perfectly good weekend go to waste, I have filled it with some fun things to do.

I will post all that soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment